At the University of Virginia we participate in the vascular surgical match coordinated through the NRMP. We have (2) two positions annually and accept applications via ERAS system during the fellowship match season which runs December – April.
General Surgery Residents apply during their 4th year in general surgery via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). 5:2 program. Applicants who successfully complete a general surgery residency program accredited by ACGME will be considered.
Interested applicants will have their applications are viewed by faculty members in Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery and select number of individuals are invited to interview at the University each year. There are typically two (2) interview dates in late winter/early spring each year. Following the interview process, the faculty meet and determine the rank order then submit to the NRMP in anticipation of May match.
To initiate your application to the University of Virginia Vascular surgery residency program, please note the following:
- Contact the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) or call NRMP at 866-653-6767 or 202-400-2233 for information or registration process
- We participate in the National Residency Match Program ( NRMP.org) yearly. Applications are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) (aamc.org/eras) ERAS Help Desk 202-828-0413. ERAS opens in September each year for application submission. We begin the review process in December and will send out invitations to interview in late January with interview dates (2) in March and April of each year.
- The Vascular Surgery Residency is accredited by the ACGME Residency Review Committee for Surgery
For additional questions or information, please contact our Residency Coordinator via telephone or email:
Residency Program Coordinator
The educational philosophy and approach at UVA is that all residents are mature learners who have control over their environment, circumstances, and education. A faculty goal is to remove obstacles to learning and to actively participate in teaching. This approach requires a commitment to teaching at all levels.
This coming vascular surgery season, there are two (2) vascular surgery positions open.
- Completed ERAS application form
- Demographics, past education, research experience, publications, VISA status, USMLE, current licensure
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- USMLE scores
- ABSITE scores
- Curriculum Vitae
The faculty reviews the applications with a cumulative vote determining candidates to be invited to interview. Invitations are sent via email in January of each year.